So you want to ride a bike.

2WT offers training from CBT, 125 training, DAS courses, lessons, refreshers, post test training.


The type of training and the regulations required are dependant on your age.


Everyone must take CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) The only exception to this law is if you passed your car test before 1 February 2001 and you only wish to ride a moped (50cc scooter), then you can ride without L plates and carry pillion passengers.


Everyone must take the motorcycle theory test if going on to take a practical motorcycle test, there are no exceptions to this.


Follow the links above according to the following information:


If you are 16 then you can only ride a 50cc moped, take CBT. A moped must not be able to go over 28mph. It is illegal to de-restrict these machines if you are under 17 years of age.

If you are 17 or over then you must take CBT then you can ride and take the Module 1 test before taking the Module 2 test to obtain an A1 Licence.

If you are 19 or over you must take CBT then you take the Module 1 test then Module 2 to obtain an A2 licence.

If you are 24 or over or under 24 but passed the A2 licence at least 2 years ago, you must take CBT then you can take Direct Access to obtain a full unrestricted licence.